Monday 14 May 2012

Hand Studies and switching up my technique.



I enjoy seeing rapid improvements.

I've noticed that I do so much better when I do very loose gestures to flesh out where everything is first. The rigid, Burne Hogarth style that is so popular (while still very useful in certain instances) tends to make my drawings extremely rigid. I also noticed that I focus too much to the point where I actually miss details and it looks wrong.

For instance, on the first hand from the left, had I not done a gesture first, I would have missed the fact that the pinky actually points inward (I would have put it in a straight up/down position).

I've switched back to loose gestures during my daily life drawing outings. I found the way I was trying to draw too rigid.

No comments:

Post a Comment