Wednesday 19 September 2012

Saturday's activites.


On Saturday I biked to a conservation area located near my apartment. My main goal was photos of birds, but I ended up leaving with this as my only picture. It's a Wooly Bear Caterpillar.

I adore these little guys and move them to safety if I discover them in a place where they can be squashed.

While walking the trail, my companion and I heard a strange call. I thought of a list of birds that were spotted in the area and exclaimed "it's a gray catbird". He thought that I was making it up until I pulled out my birding app and showed him. We never got a clear look at the bird but the area it was found in matched and the call was unmistakable. (It sounded like a Siamese cat.)

The total distance biked that day was about 15 miles plus all the walking we did in the conservation area. Not too bad.

1 comment: